Introducing the Lisk Grant Program
The Lisk Grant Program was created with the purpose of attracting both entrepreneurs and developers into the Lisk ecosystem to build blockchain applications. This program will allow not only the showcasing of diverse use-cases for Lisk, but also the creation of interesting tools such as custom plugins, modules, API wrappers, or new testing suites. In order to support the development of blockchain applications on the Lisk platform, we are offering a 60,000 CHF grant per application built with Lisk SDK.
This blog post highlights the most important details about the application and selection process, as well as other requirements for being part of the Lisk Grant Program.
With the goal of building a strong ecosystem of production-ready blockchain applications, we are seeking team who have the serious intention to build applications in the fields of Lending, Stablecoins, NFT marketplaces, Collectibles, Predication markets, Social media markets, DAOs, Oracles, Miscellaneous.
Therefore, teams building blockchain applications out of these areas have a higher chance to be picked as part of the Lisk Grant Program. However, we encourage teams to apply with other innovative blockchain applications as well. As part of the previous developer program, Lisk Builders program, a series of proof of concept blockchain applications have been developed. They are aimed to inspired developers to build production-ready blockchain applications using the Lisk SDK.
In order to properly select the right blockchain applications fulfilling the requirements, we decided to process the submissions of the Lisk Grant Program in consecutives waves. This will allow teams to prepare their applications, as well as get inspired by the other blockchain applications being developed at the same time. The amount of accepted blockchain applications per wave is flexible in order to allow us to select the best submissions and to encourage the continuous growth of our ecosystem.
Moreover, in order for the application to be accepted, the applicants are supposed to send a description of their team, including all the team members, their business plan, as well as a pitch deck showcasing their blockchain application and the plans for development. The blockchain application should be built with the latest Lisk SDK and kept up to date. Moreover, the blockchain application code should always be completely open source.
Once each application is reviewed and accepted, the applicants will be notified via email whether their blockchain application has been accepted or not. Once the development of the applications has started, Lisk team members will follow up with each team for checking the progress and offering support.
The selection of the blockchain applications to be part of the Lisk Grant Program will be done through four different waves. After the fourth wave the format of this program is going to be re-evaluated before Lisk.js 2022. The deadlines for the waves are listed below:
- Deadline for picking candidates: 31st July 2021
- On-boarding candidates: starting with 1st August 2021
- Deadline for picking candidates: 30th September 2021
- On-boarding candidates: starting with 1st October 2021
- Deadline for picking candidates: 31st December 2021
- On-boarding candidates: starting with 1st January 2022
- Deadline for picking candidates: 31st March 2022
- On-boarding candidates: starting with 1st April 2022
To ensure that the participating teams stay motivated and financially incentivized, each team will follow the given milestones. Once each milestone is successfully completed, the teams will receive their financial compensation. For the third milestone, the team is required to provide up to three goals specific for their blockchain application. Each of these goals will then quality for a specific payout.
There is no pre-determined deadline for completing the development of the blockchain applications as part of the Lisk Grant Program. However, we encourage teams to actively build and improve their applications on a regular basis. The details for each of the four milestones are listed below.
Milestone 1: Project setup
- Sign the Lisk Grant Program agreement with Lisk.
- Verify the team’s identity with Lisk.
- Setup the project (name, logo, website, GitHub repository, Twitter profile, Discord channel).
- Publish a blog post covering the team and the project on the project’s website.
- The completion of this milestone will lead to a payout of 1,000 CHF.
Milestone 2: MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Develop an MVP with the latest Lisk SDK covering the essential features of the blockchain application.
- Publish a blog post covering the MVP.
- Conduct a business review by Lisk to receive feedback about the MVP.
- The completion of this milestone will lead to a payout of 4,000 CHF.
Milestone 3: Development
- For the third milestone the teams need to propose three goals themselves, for which they can receive in-between financial support.
- Publish a blog post covering each goal’s completion.
- Pass a high-level developer review by Lisk and fix all remarks.
- Launch a public testnet for the blockchain application.
- Publish a blog post covering the testnet launch.
- Keep the testnet running for one month to receive the payout.
- The completion of this milestone will lead to a payout of 30,000 CHF.
Milestone 4: Launch
- Launch the mainnet for the blockchain application.
- Publish a blog post covering the mainnet launch.
- Register the blockchain application to the Lisk blockchain application platform as a sidechain.
- Publish a blog post about the blockchain application on Lisk.com/blog.
- Keep the sidechain running for one month to receive the final payout.
- The completion of this milestone will lead to a payout of 25,000 CHF.
In total, after all of the four milestones are reached, each project will receive a grant of 60,000 CHF paid in LSK tokens. The payout for each milestone will only be done once all the required tasks have been concluded.
We encourage community members and blockchain enthusiasts to join our online community on Lisk.chat, as well as follow us on our social media channel for updates about the Lisk Grant Program.