Table of Contents
- How to Build a Blockchain from Scratch
These tutorials range from beginner to intermediate level, and all take 4 or less hours to complete. Furthermore, they are designed around concepts that are relevant to both popular concepts and problems faced in the blockchain industry today.
Keeping with software development tradition, the first Lisk SDK tutorial provided to developers is how to build a “Hello World” application. For this tutorial, users will learn how to perform the following:
- Bootstrap a simple blockchain application
- Create a custom module
- Create a custom plugin
- Configure a blockchain application
- Connect a dashboard to the application
- Write unit tests modules and assets
Non-fungible token (NFT) Tutorial
NFTs continue to grow in popularity in the crypto world. In fact, there are already a number of Web3 apps being developed on the Lisk network around the NFT concept, including Colecti, Enevti, and RGB. In addition, the NFT module will be available for the Lisk SDK v6.
By going through Lisk’s Non-fungible token (NFT) Tutorial, users will learn how to perform the following:
- Create a blockchain application that supports NFTs
- Create a custom module for creating and purchasing NFTs
- Create a custom plugin that provides addition NFT-related features
Social Recovery System (SRS) Tutorial
One ongoing concern of all cryptocurrency users is the fear of losing their funds. There are many ways for a user to lose access to their passphrase, whether it be lost, stolen, or something else. Lisk has a viable solution for this, and it is covered in the list of tutorials.
With Lisk’s Social Recovery System (SRS) Tutorial, users will be able to perform the following:
- Create an account recovery tool
- Define a recovery configuration
Lisk Name Service (LNS) Tutorial
Many blockchain applications desire to utilize a domain name service, similar to Domain Name System (DNS) or Ethereum Name Service (ENS). The Lisk Name Service (LNS) Tutorial allows the creation of such a service for .lsk domains, whereby users can register those domains for a certain amount of time (1-5 years).
By going through the Lisk Name Service (LNS) Tutorial, users will be able to perform the following:
- Build a service that allows .lsk domain creations
- Create TXT and CNAME records for each domain
- Building a Blockchain
- Accessing the Blockchain through an API
- Creating a Decentralized Blockchain Network
- Synchronizing the Network
- Block Explorer
How to Build a Blockchain from Scratch
Finally, if you decide to build your app on Lisk, be sure to go to lisk.chat and introduce yourself to the community. Also, be sure to explore funding opportunities through the Lisk Grant Program.